Does this strike anyone else as a very cynical and self-serving move on McCain's part? The momentum has shifted away from him in the polls. Obama likely has a much better case to argue in the upcoming debate, especially in terms of labeling McCain as one of the worn-out "old-boys" crowd in Congress that helped put the country into this mess.
If Obama refuses or complains, McCain will try to remind us all of his self-serving war-hero oh-so-experienced country-first senator-self and accuse Obama of putting politics ahead of country.
I hope the American people will see through this garbage.
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- ► 2010 (305)
- ► 2009 (440)
- Don't look now, but Iraq still simmers
- Is the two-state solution in Palestine dead?
- Is McCain actually canceling the debate?
- McCain to suspend campaign; wants to postpone deba...
- The Afghan Taliban have evolved. Can the US "win"...
- Catastrophe in Islamabad
- Brave Conservatives defending the national interes...
- For This Result, All Those Thousands Killed?!
- More evidence that the "Surge" hasn't "worked"
- Are people going to wake up about how dangerous Pa...
- Is the US headed for a third war?
- The failing state of American democracy
- So now we risk war with Pakistan?!
- Sarah Palin and her upcoming interview with ABC's ...
- McCain's Convenient Untruth
- Bob Woodward's new book
- Has the US created its own Frankenstein? (or, at l...
- ▼ September (17)